Followers

Alice

Alice
OOps drink me

Saturday 17 March 2012

Hello folks,
I know it's Saturday night and here I am blogging when I should be out having a great time! Oh how glad I am I can stay home lol! Just too old for all that. Anyway I was crafting today and wanted to show you this lovely card which I made using Crafter's Companion new cd-rom Paintbox Poppets.
I used this image as it reminded me of my son when he was a little boy. I have used background papers, belts and frames from the cd-rom. I also used one of my Martha Stewart punch around the page punches, called ribbon loops.
I used A4 pale blue hammer effect card 265gsm as the base card folded to A5. I printed a background sheet in A5 graphic card 265gsm from cd-rom and cut it to 8ins x 5.75ins. I matted this onto silver mirri card. I don't measure this. Here's How:
I put double sided tape onto the background then place the background onto the mirri. Place mirri in front of you in landscape. Then place background up to the right edge leaving just a very small area of mirri showing on right edge and bottom edge. Now if you are happy that it is even on both sides stick down. Take your knife and ruler, butt the ruler up to the left edge of background, and move the ruler away until the left and right mirri borders are even. The best way to see this is to stand above it. Take knife and cut down.  Do the same for the top edge. You should now have your pretty background with a lovely silver border all around.
I had printed off two frames using graphic card 265gsm, one was 6.75x6.75ins the other was 4.75x4.75ins. I matted the bigger one onto silver mirri using the same method as before. I then got the A4 graphic card. It is lovely and smooth and very white I use this card all the time for everything. So I cut a 5 x 5 square of card and using Martha's punch I punched around the square. I put DS tape onto the small frame and stuck it onto the punched square keeping it equal around the edges. Then I put the little boy image onto this with silicone. Then put DS tape on the underside of punched square and stuck to the bigger frame. On this frame I put silicone on the back and lined it up on the background which I had already placed on the Hammered card. I added a belt embellishment and mounted it onto a punched length of card. I stuck this onto card with silicone. To finish I used Card Candies just for a bit of extra colour. I think this is such a sweet card and could be used for any occasion. What do you think Leave a comment, oh and let me know if you can follow my recipe lol!! Happy Crafting
hugs Cherry


1 comment: